Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"Everyday Use" Before You Read: Traditions & Heirlooms

Many families have traditions or heirlooms (special objects) that are handed down to younger generations. What traditions would you like to pass onto future generations of your family? What items would you like to pass onto future generations as family heirlooms? Explain and describe your selections.

      Well, in my family we dont really have that many heirlooms. Currently my parents and family have not given any heirlooms that will be passed from generation to generation. My dads' brother which is my uncle has tons of really old pictures that he got from his aunt before she died in 2006. The pictures are of my great grandfather. My great grandfather was a really great man. He was the man who brought Hollywood Video to Mexico. He was also is the was with Pancho Villa. He fought many years with him till he retired. After he retired he moved into the movie bussiness.His name was Luis Abbadie. When I get older I hope that my uncle turns to me to get the pictures and then from there I'll give the images to my son and then hopefully from there it will keep on going. That hopefully will be my heirloom that will be passed from generation to generation.

1 comment:

  1. Proofread your work before posting it. There are several errors that can be avoided if you take some time to look over your work.

    ReplyDelete