Friday, September 3, 2010

Purpose of "The Pedestrian" Paragraph

Ray Bradbury’s story “The Pedestrian” was written in the 1950’s, but it predicts life in 2053. After reading the text, we can infer that Bradbury wrote this story for more than just entertainment. What was Bradbury’s purpose in writing this story? Write an expository paragraph stating his purpose. Write using a topic sentence that states the purpose, plenty of details supporting your statement, and a closing sentence that makes the reader keep thinking about the topic.




Anwser:  After I read the text I was thinking that if anyone can  do the things like in the story then it wasn't real. I thought my prediction throughly and I have decided that I know the purpose of the story. Well, the purpose of the story is for and to show what and how the world would change from the 50's to the 2053's. All that the story has talked about is for and to show what he thought might happen 103 years from his time. He had a imagination that would change the world. I think that he believed in the time in 103 years from now.

2 comments:

  1. Hey marcos keep up the good work remember basketball season is coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! one of the best written answers, great job.

    ReplyDelete